Eight Receive Mascaro Faculty Program in Sustainability Awards
PITTSBURGH (Nov. 21, 2019) — The University of Pittsburgh’s Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation (MCSI) named eight faculty awardees for the 2020 John C. Mascaro Faculty Program in Sustainability.
The one-year awards, created to enhance the University’s mission of interdisciplinary excellence in sustainability research and education, go to faculty members from all disciplines, who may apply as faculty fellows, scholars or lecturers.
“From proposing ways to give students more hands-on experience with sustainability to the incorporation of arts- and humanities-based approaches to sustainability discourse, this year’s award recipients demonstrate the interdisciplinary work we strive for,” says Gena Kovalcik, co-director of administration and external relations at MCSI. “We’re excited to see the great work they will do.”
John C. Mascaro Faculty Fellow in Sustainability:
- David Finegold, Graduate School of Public Health
John C. Mascaro Faculty Scholars in Sustainability:
- Tony Kerzmann, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Sara Kuebbing, Department of Biological Sciences
John C. Mascaro Faculty Lecturers in Sustainability:
- Joshua Groffman, Division of Communication and the Arts, Pitt Bradford
- Katherine Hornbostel, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Robert Kerestes, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Pamela Stewart, Department of Anthropology
- Andrew Strathern, Department of Anthropology
Contact: Maggie Pavlick